Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tiny (definitely not epic) fail

So i promised some details on my electronics projects and here it is - This is going to be a short one though as it is quite annoying.

I wanted to make some bristle bots - tremendously simple little things with only about 4 components, could hardly call it electronics really. Here's the original instructional video (skip towards the end to see the bot in action).



So off i go to buy toothbrushes, double sided foam tape, copper wire and batteries. I carefully extract 2 pager motors from old phones (really, i did it carefully and the phones went back together again, honest) and grab my soldering iron. Put everything together and excitedly connect the battery...

Nothing
Nada
Zip

No fun at all!!

I still don't know why they don't work. I grabbed my multimeter and everything seems ok (although I admit i don't really know what i'm doing with a multimeter).

Anyway I now have 2 dead bristlebots but I am determined to bring life to them!! Until then here's a picture.
Awww, how cute - and boy and girl bots too. Shame they're DEAD!!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment