Sunday, June 17, 2012

OOOCode - Part 1

This is a continuation of the following post on Object Oriented C

Object Oriented C - Part 2

First thing is to get the existing pattern example into an OCode project and stick that up on GitHub. I don't like the default OpenTV IDE project templates as they actually require multiple Eclipse projects and due to the nature of the OpenTV hacked Eclipse cannot be built and run from a command line. This creates obvious problems when trying to set up a continuous integration environment. However for these purposes a standard OCode template will suffice.

To do this:


I created an OOOCode directory and checked out the OOOCode git repository to it.

I opened the OpenTV IDE and selected  the new OOOCode directory as the workspace location


I created a new OpenTV Project called OOOCode in the default location (pressing Finish immediately as I did not want the hello world example code)


This resulted in the following projects being created in my OOOCode directory.
  • OOOCode
  • OOOCodeDir
  • OOOCodeFlow
  • OOOCodeRes
As pictured:


To build and run the project in the OpenTV Virtual STB. 

Choose "Build All" from the "Project" menu.

Select the OOOCodeFlow project and press the Run button.

In the next dialog choose "Local OpenTV Application".


That's as much as I'm going to say about the OpenTV IDE for now but next I copied in my existing OO pattern example code and committed it to GitHub. This starting state can be found here:


Full disclosure... I did fix a couple of issues in the code i originally posted in the gists:
  • I missed a parameter in the MyClass constructor
  • I forgot that the VSTB exits when the main method exits and as such it can be difficult to check the debug output unless you put a real message loop in and wait for the quit message



No comments:

Post a Comment